This page contains ATC training related document, used across all Vatsim Scandinavia member countries.
These documents describes in detail, which subjects ATC training in Vatsim Scandinavia will cover. The documents describes theoretical subjects and the practical training including a suggestion for a sweatbox simulator session program as well as online training.
- Training program for S2 rating (rev 1.1, 14.04.2014)
- Training program for S3 rating (rev 1.0, 4.07.2014)
- Training program for C1 rating (rev 1.0, 10.01.2014)
Training manuals and documents
The SKYbrary website is an initiative by EUROCONTROL in partnership with ICAO and other aviation organisations. At SKYbrary you can find articles, reports and video clips about a wide range of aviation subjects, such as aircraft systems, communications procedures, weather, ATC procedures, and incidents and accidents.
Here is some SKYbrary content of particular interest:
- Aircraft Types
- ALLCLEAR Toolkit on improving Air Ground Communications
- Basic Controller Techniques: Speed Control
- Basic Controller Techniques: Vectoring
- Basic Controller Techniques: Vertical Speed
- Classification of Airspace
- Flight Deck Procedures – A Guide for Controllers
- Level Bust Toolkit
- Loss of Separation at Sector Boundaries
- Separation Standards
- Traffic Information
- Vectoring Geometry
- Video clips on various subjects
Documents for mentors and examiners
- Startup guide for Euroscope using Sweatbox
This document is a quick guide for how to connect correctly to the sweatbox server, either as mentor or student, without disturbing traffic on the real vatsim servers and voice servers.
- CPT Assessment template
Template for examiners to be used during checkouts, and for writing the final exam report.
- Assessing student performance
Description of how assessment of students should be done, using the assessment sheet linked above